Thursday, May 7, 2009

Not Me

I went to an event at a bar tonight to support a friend who is running a marathon for charity. I saw an ex of mine. Everytime I see him, I realize more and more how mismatched we were, and how I am better off now. Anyways, we met up with another friend of ours, and ended up at an event that I used to go to every Thursday in the summer. It has changed locations and it's formula. I realized it's not me anymore. Too many people, too much noise, too much alcohol. I felt super overwhelmed. I liked how it used to be where you could see everyone in attendance. My friend took some balloons from her event to try and get more money at the big event. She raised over 10 dollars in 5 minutes by giving people balloons. One guy ATE his balloon like a rabid animal. It was really scary, but he paid his money for his balloon!

I ran into a guy from my previous life. It was nice to ketchup. He asked about a former friend of mine. I explained why we were not friends anymore and gave him some advice; Focus on the people in your life that care about you and will be there for you. Forget the others.

One last thing; my physical therapist asked me to whistle today while I was "skipping" and I heard a song on the radio on my way home tonight that has lots of whistling. I can't whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment