Sunday, June 21, 2009

Team BMC Presented by Ridgeline

My plan for the day was to wake up and travel with a friend to watch him race in a criterium. I took my bike and gear to get in a ride while I was up there. My friend and I loaded up our BMC's onto the Kuat rack on the Ridgeline and headed north. Something that I have learned about myself; it's pretty easy to talk me into doing something that I am curious about. I was talked into registering for the women's race. After much needed advice from more experienced riders, I was off. It was a 30 minute criterium. I led the second lap...that was my demise. I fell off the back after that and it was downhill. I talked myself out of quitting several times. I just wanted to finish my first race and I did. My friend was disappointed in his performance too. Team BMC presented by Ridgeline didn't have a good showing today. I learned lots, gained experience, and now my interest has been peaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment