Thursday, January 15, 2009

Know-It-Alls

I was reminded of grad school today in my seminar. I am attending a program for a topic I know very little about. Almost everyone else has been doing this stuff for 10 years plus. I went to grad school straightaway with very little experience. Same deal, several older students who had "been in the field." Both of the situations are very similar in that the older more experienced students want to interject their experience, their knowledge, and their findings throughout. I feel like it wastes my time to hear these people talk about things that are probably wrong. Let the teacher do the teaching! You have enrolled in this program to learn. It's funny to watch the teachers when these students do this. It always ends up in some sort of argument.

I believe in grad school this is when I took the approach of sitting in the back row, texting my friends, and reading magazines. I still made straight A's. Hopefully I won't be tempted to do the same tomorrow.

Off to bed...

kt

No comments:

Post a Comment