Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wrong Aid

I have been thinking a lot lately how I have a strong dislike of a certain pharmacy. This store is very close to my house, very convenient, and on my way to work. The location of this store is prime real estate. It is in an upscale area of town. I strongly believe this store has no concept of customer service. I really can't remember a time when I personally experienced an employee going out of their way to help me. I have three examples of times that this store has "wronged" me.

#1 This summer I rode my bike most places. I tried not to crank my car for at least a week at a time. So this means all errands were done on my bike. This included picking up my prescription at the pharmacy. This pharmacy has a very convenient drive thru. Several times I was seen riding my bike through this area. One day, the man at the drive thru informed me that I was no longer allowed to ride my bike there. I asked him why? He stated that someone was almost hit in the drive thru. I looked at the man and told him that I ride my bike on the road everyday with lots of cars. "Do you really think I am afraid of being hit in the drive thru?" He stated that it was company policy and I was no longer allowed to do it.

#2 The day I was released from the hospital after having surgery on my broken ankle, I needed to get a prescription of pain killers filled before I went to my parent's house. My father pulled up in the drive thru and sent the prescription through the contraption into the pharmacy. I asked the lady if I could run to my house to pick up a few things and return in 20 minutes to pick up my medicine. She told me it would take 1.5 hours to fill the prescription. I am pretty sure all they had to do was put a few pills in a bottle, but whatever. I explained to her that I just had surgery on my ankle and it would really help if I could do this. She said that if I came inside and waited, they could fill it for me in 15 minutes! Are you kidding me? Are you really asking a girl on crutches to hobble inside to pick up her prescription quicker? My father, who never really gets upset, was infuriated! So I hobbled to the back of the store with my father at my side. When we approached the counter my father said, "Here she is on her crutches to pick up her prescription." Nobody in the pharmacy seemed concerned.

#3 Most recently, I needed to buy razor blades. I went down the razor/shave gel aisle only to find that ALL razor blades are locked up. A sign was posted that informed me to find a sales associate to purchase blades. I looked everywhere for about 10 minutes and could not find anyone. I am led to believe that all associates were hiding from me. I decided to get them on my next visit to the store. So a week later I walked in the store and immediately saw a sales associate. I asked her politely if she would unlock the razor blades for me. She was not so friendly, but she did it anyways. I asked her if people steal razor blades and she quickly stated, "yes!" I then put my hand out for her to hand them to me, and she was quick to remind me that she would give them to the cashier at the front. I then asked her why they didn't put sensors on them. She didn't answer me.

I am going to do some research and find a better place for me to go for my medicinal needs. Hopefully I can find a local pharmacy. I regret saying this, but I really hope this company goes out of business. If they do, they will probably blame it on the economic downturn, but I will know that it was because of their lack of customer service and compassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment